Tikal Mayan Ruins 2-Day
Explore ancient Mayan ruins dating back to the 4th century BC
Climb the temples for breathtaking views of the jungle from above the canopy
Learn more about the history and significance of the Maya civilization
Come see one of the world’s most impressive ancient ruins!
Tikal is known worldwide for its impressive pyramids and sprawling ruins. This UNESCO World Heritage site was once the capital of one of the most powerful kingdoms of the ancient Maya. Tikal boasts the tallest pre-Colombian structure in the Americas, Temple IV, standing at 270 feet (70 meters). Our tour includes hassle-free transport, flights, and a day tour of the ruins. Plus, you'll stay in a jungle hotel just outside of Tikal Park.
$525 - $655 per person, depending on group size
2 days, 1 night
- All Ground & Air Transportation: Antigua/Airport/Antigua, Guate/Flores/Guate, Flores/Tikal/Flores
- 2 Meals: Lunch on Day 1; Breakfast on Day 2 (drinks not included)
- Professional Bilingual Tour Guide on Day 1
- 1 Night Hotel in Tikal Park – Private Room, Private Bath
- Airport Tax (Guate to Flores)
- Tikal Park entrance fee for ruins tour on Day 1
- Airport Tax (Flores to Guate, approximately $3 in cash)
- Drink Purchases (Sodas, Alcoholic Beverages, etc…)
- Tikal entrance pass (if desired) for Day 2
- Tips for Tikal Park Guides
What to Bring
- Boots or walking shoes
- Daypack with rain cover
- One warm layer and/or windbreaker
- Rain jacket (May thru October)
- Personal Toiletries and/or medications
- Camera, Hat, Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- Two liters of water (minimum)
- Repellent in Summer season
- Flashlight (the jungle is DARK at night!)
What to Expect
4:00 AM Transport from hotel/address in Antigua to Guatemala City Airport
6:30 AM Flight from Guatemala City to Flores
7:30 AM Arrive Flores. Shared transfer to enter Parque Nacional Tikal, meet your Old Town Guide, who will accompany you along the way to Tikal.
9:00 AM Start group tour of ruins. ***Q150 Park Entrance Fee included***
Tour: Complex Q Main Plaza, 7 temples, Lost World ~3-4 hours
1:00 PM LUNCH (drinks not included) **If you re-enter the ruins of Tikal Park after lunch, please be sure to retain your entrance ticket**
6:00 PM Tikal Park Closes.
Night in Tikal includes a private room with a private bath at Hotel Tikal Inn
6:00 AM Tikal Park Opens.
7:00 - 9:45 AM Breakfast served at the hotel
Free morning in and around Tikal or at the hotel pool (separate Tikal pass not included)
11:00 AM Hotel Check-Out (bags can be safely left with Hotel reception)
4:30 PM Transfer: Tikal Park to Flores Airport (from Hotel reception)
6:30 PM Return flight to Guatemala City (Q20 p/p airport tax not included)
7:30 PM Arrive in Guatemala City. Transport to hotel/address in Antigua.
*Package Price is subject to change until payment is received. Tours and transports are shared with others. Tikal Park guides are bilingual.